Site Info

We decided to share some special moments with you guys, trying to make you laugh, have some fun and comment on our posts and be part of our life story! Feel free to make any suggestion and do not forget to follow us!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cookies! Yay....

I just absolutely love chocolate chip cookies. Too bad I'm not sharing that recipe here today, but I'm sharing a Cookie Recipe here.... SUGAR COOKIES! Yes, the ones Americans leave for Santa on Christmas eve.... They are absolutely delicious and I've never tasted before, because here in Brazil there are no such thing as these cookies, but I found the best Baking Site and she has the best cookies and they are art! Truly! I adapted the recipe to what we have here in Brazil so it's awesome and easy, and this recipe is for a looot of cookies.
Now in the winter it's a great snack with a cup of hot chocolate! hmmmm



Sugar Cookie Recipe 
(in portuguese cause if you want in English you can find it at I Am Baker)


1 xícara de manteiga sem sal
2 xícaras de açúcar
2 ovos inteiros
2 gemas de ovos
4 colheres de sopa de extrato de baunilha
4 copos de farinha de trigo
1 colher de chá de sal
1 colher de chá de fermento

In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined. Add 2 eggs and 2 eggs yolks and mix until combined. Add vanilla extract and mix.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder (it's important to sift them together because it's easier to mix it all together later), Slowly add flour to butter mixture. It's hard to mix, so you can use the mixer, mine can't handle the task without burning up, so I mix it myself.
Amanda, from I am baker, says if you over-mix this dough it'll get tough so just mix it until it's combined.
Let the dough rest, wrapped up, in the fridge for at least one hour.
Then you can roll out the dough and cut. If you have a Cookie Cutter it's much much easier and more fun! I don't have it (poor me) so I use a glass, or sometimes Rebecca's toys that have a nice shape. Yes, I wash them before using on the dough! It's a soft dough, don't worry, it's a lil hard to work with it at first but you get there, you can always add more flour if the dough it's too sticky. After you bake them for 10 minutes ONLY. the cookies will be really light, you don't have to wait until it's brown, otherwise they won't be tasty. The cookies come out of the oven a little soft still, but after the cool out they get hard and ready to eat!

I really wanna make some more and I'll do a tutorial of how it's done and how you can decorate them. It's really gorgeous!
And I'll put the frosting recipe (adapted too) here!

Blessings....

1 comment:

  1. YAY! YAY! its soo much easier to comment now =) cant wait to try ur cookies!!! i love sugar cookies soo yummy!

    ReplyDelete